Summer is here! Many of your kids are probably out of school or soon to be starting summer vacation. Fun and relaxation is a very important part of summer break. It is a great opportunity to spend 1:1 time with your kids. Many parents also want their child to do a little learning over the summer. Don’t worry, summer learning can be interactive, fun, and inexpensive too!
No need to go out to your local bookstore and buy a $15 workbook. Take a look at some of the great resources Teachers Pay Teachers has to offer. Many of these resources are less than $3.00, or even free! There is also some great variety. There are worksheets, games, and activities.
- Games/Activities to Play at Home– Read this post about some interactive counting activities to play at home.
- $1.00: Kindergarten Numbers 11-20 – This pack of 10 worksheets is a perfect review of the teen numbers and practices multiple Common Core math standards.
- $2.00: Building Number Sense in Kindergarten: Fun and Games – This includes 3 sets of cards that you can use to play a variety of games. Instructions for parents included on how to use at home!
- Check out some other great resources for counting!
Place Value: Tens
- Tens Go Fish – This is a fun game to play to build an understanding of ten. All you need are a deck of cards!
- $1.00: Decomposing 10: Ten Frames, Equations, and Number Bonds – This includes 9 worksheets where kids work on breaking 10 apart into different combinations (ex: 9+1, 5+5…etc.)
- Free: Place Value Riddle Race – This game uses number riddles to build place value understanding. Read more about it here, or click here to download it from my TpT store.
- $1.00: Today’s Number – This is an activity you can complete over and over. For use at home, just pop the paper into sheet protector and use a dry erase marker to answer the questions. Read more about the routine here, or click here to take a closer look at my TpT store.
- Here are some other fun activities for practicing place value with tens.
Operations: Addition and Subtraction
- Free: Addition/Subtraction Race – Click on this link to download for free directions and a printable: AdditionandSubtractionRace
- This game can be played with any age/grade.
- Free: Addition Bump – Summer Theme– This is another free resource you can find on Teachers Pay Teachers!
- $1.00: Addition Facts 5-10: Find and Color Printables – This is a set of 5 worksheets where your child can practice basic addition facts by coloring according to a key. It is a little more fun than the traditional worksheet and gives them some practice building their mathematical fluency (knowing their math facts quickly).
- Here are some other great resources to practice addition and subtraction: